1. What are the 5 phases of 5S?
A. Shine, Shut-Up, Sustain, Sort, Standardize
B. Sustain, Sort, Standardize, Sushi mi, Shine
C. Standardize, Sort, Sustain, Shine, Set-in-Order
D. Sort, Sustain, Sushi, Shine, Standardize
E. Shine, Standardize, Sustain, Set-In-Order, Salami
The five phases of 5S are Sort, Set-in-order, Shine, Standardize, and Sustain in that order.
2. In the Set-In-Order phase, where should tools be stored that are used daily?
A. In personal tool boxes where they won’t be stolen
B. At the point of use
C. Where the supervisor can keep an eye on them
D. In a company owned locking cabinet
Tools that are used daily should be store at their point of use.
3. Set-In-Order reduces what wastes?
A. Excess Motion
B. Human Frustration
C. Searching Waste
E. Excess Inventory
Set-in-Order does not reduce productivity, but increases it. Productivity is not a waste either.
4. Which phase of 5S are you in when you clean machines, windows, floors etc.
5. Which one is NOT a benefit of Shine?
A. Less production downtime
B. Happier employees
C. Improved quality
D. Inventory reduction
E. Customer satisfaction
Shine, or cleaning does not reduce inventory levels. Sort and Set-in-Order will help reduce inventory.
6. Which is not a benefit of Sort?
A. Reduce the waste of searching
B. Reduced set-up times
C. Increased productivity
D. Improved machine dependability
E. Improved safety
Sorting will not have an effect on machine dependability.
7. What phase of 5S are we talking about when we regulate; how we color code our tools, how we use the red tag system, or the approach we take to problem solving when we have problems with 5S?
Standardize is the phase where we set up color code schemes and many other standardized approaches that can be used throughout the company.
8. 5S is easy to implement and sustain so you can enjoy the benefits forever.
5S is not easy to implement and even harder to sustain. This is why most companies have failed to implement 5S properly.
9. In which step of Five S we establish a method of storage for each item, which is easy to see, pick and place with X, Y alignment.
10. While implementing Five – S, Red tagging is most frequently applied in which ‘S’?
b) Set in Order