Fill in the blank:
- _______ ________ of variation are based on random causes that we cannot identify.
- The arithmetic average, or the mean, is a statistic that measures the _______ ________ of a set of data.
- A control chart (also called process chart or quality control chart) is a ______ that shows whether a sample of data falls within the common or normal range of variation.
- Control charts are one of the most commonly used tools in __________ __________ ____________.
- A control chart for attributes, on the other hand, is used to monitor characteristics that have _______________ and can be counted.
- _______________ for variables monitor characteristics that can be measured and have a continuous scale, such as height, weight, volume, or width.
- A mean control chart is often referred to as an
- Range (R) charts are another type of control chart for _______________.
- P-charts are used to measure the _______________ in a sample that are defective.
- C-charts count the actual number of _______________.
- Quality characteristics are often evaluated relative to _______________.
- A _______________ is one of the primary techniques of statistical process control (SPC).
- _______________ are those costs associated with efforts in design and manufacturing that are directed toward the prevention of non-conformance.
- External failure costs occur when the product does not perform satisfactorily after it is delivered to the _______________.
- A _______________ that is operating with only chance causes of variation present is said to be in statistical control.
Select the word(s) from options given below:
Process, customer, Prevention costs, control chart, specifications, defects, proportion of items, variables, x-bar chart, Control charts, discrete values, statistical process control, graph, central tendency, Common causes