Note: Tick mark the correct answer or write the answer where option is not given
- Which is not true for Quality Circle?
- A small group
- Uses quality control techniques
- Have members from anywhere in the work area
- Which statement is not applicable to Quality Circle?
- Small group
- Non Voluntary
- Grass root level
- For self and mutual development
3. Where was Quality Circle born?
4. Primary aim of quality circle is
- To solve company’s problem
- To develop people
- To improve the image of the organisation
- To motivate people to work
5. Which is not true in Quality Circles concept?
- Is to improve the image of the organisation
- Is to solve the problem given by management
- For mutual development
- For people to work in teams
6. Which one is not correct? Quality Circle is not
- For individual’s problem
- A substitute for quality control department
- For self & mutual development
- Panacea for all ills
7. Who introduced Quality Circles in Japan?
- Shigeo Shingo
- Geinichi Taguchi
- Junji Noguchi
- K Ishikawa
8. Which of the following statements is correct?
- Quality Circle is just a problem solving group
- Quality Circle is a forum for discussing matters relating to industrial relations
- Quality Circle is not a forum for grievances or demands
- QC case study should always result in monetary saving
9. What is the primary objective of Quality Circle?
- Keep employees occupied
- Higher profit
- Self and mutual development of employees
- To solve the problem
10. To be members of the steering committee for management cadre it is
- Formed by external agency
- None of these
11. Which one of the following activities of facilitators is not true?
- Serve as a resource person to the circle
- Assist in the meeting process
- Take part in the circle presentation as a member
- Give correct feedback and encourage QC team
12. Whose responsibility is it to convene a steering committee meeting?
13. Whose job is it to handle requests for formation of new circles in an organisation?
- Steering Committee
14. Which among the following roles of top management is not true?
- Serving on the steering committee or Quality Council
- Reviewing progress of Quality Circles
- Serving personally as a Quality Improvement Team member.
- Providing the needed resources for the circles
15. Which of the following role of steering committee is not true?
- Should see that Quality Circle activities become a way of life in the organisation
- Should attend management presentation by Quality Circle
- Should give positive and corrective feedback to the Quality Circle
- Should not attend annual social get together of Quality Circle
16. Cause and effect diagram is
- Relation between variations
- Relation between cause and effect
- Different between causes
- Relation between two problems
17. Most preferably Quality Circles should meet:
- Whenever they need
- When they are ready
- Once in a fort night
- Once in a week
18. Brain Storming is used for idea generation by:
- Shop Floor Personnel
- All the above
19. In Brainstorming
- Quality is more important than Quantity
- Quantity is more important than quality
- Quality & Quantity both are important
- Both are not important
20. In a Flow Diagram, What does a rectangle represent?
- An activity Symbol
- Decision Symbol
- Data base symbol
- Terminal Symbol
21. Decision symbol in a flow diagram is shown by which symbol?
22. A Rhombus or diamond represents what aspect in a flow diagram?
- Data Base
23. The purpose of Pareto analysis is:
- Identify root causes
- Distinguish between vital few and useful many
- Distinguish between vital many useful few
- d) None of the above
24. For drawing a Pareto diagram, data has to be arranged in:
- Ascending order
- Descending order
- Any order
- No order
25. Cause and effect diagram is used to arrange
- Actual causes
- Probable causes
- Root causes
- Sub causes